Powers Of The Commission
- The Commission shall, for the purpose of any inquiry under this Act have the same powers as are vested in a Civil Court while trying a suit under the Code of Civil procedure, 1908 (Central Act 5 of 1908), in respect of the following matters, namely:-
- summoning and enforcing the attendance of any witness and examining him/her;
- requiring the discovery and production of any document;
- receiving evidence on affidavit;
- requisitioning any public records or copy thereof from any public office;
- issuing commissions for examination of witnesses.
- Any proceeding before the commission shall be deemed to be a judicial proceedings within the meaning of sections 193 and 228 of the Indian Penal Code (Central Act 45 of 1860) and the Commission shall be deemed to be a court for the purpose of section 195 of the Code of Criminal Procedure 1973 (Central Act 2 of 1974).